Benefits of Pasture-Raised Eggs:
Nowadays, there are SO many egg options to choose from. It can be quite confusing, can't it? There's free range, organic, non-GMO, cage-free, and pasture-raised.
Here are (5) reasons why pasture-raised eggs are the best.
(1) Pasture raised hens spend their days doing just that-roaming the pastures. They have access to sunshine, fresh air, and all of the creepy critters and crawlers in the soil that make for a nutritious hen diet. At night, the hens go into custom-built shelters to keep them away from predators.
(2) Pasture raised eggs have more than double the total amount of omega-3 fatty acids and less than half the ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids! This makes them an amazing source of healthy fats.
(3) Pasture-raised eggs are a high quality protein source. Amazingly, one egg has about 6.3g of bioavailable protein! Pasture-raised eggs alsp contain all 9 essential amino acids.
(4) Pasture-raised eggs are a rich source of dietary cholesterol.Did you know that every single cell in your body is made of cholesterol and your brain is 20-30% cholesterol? That’s how important it is for optimal health!
(5) Pasture-raised eggs are one of the most nutritious foods on the planet. They’re practically nature’s multivitamin! They are a rich source of selenium, phosphorus, Vitamin B12, Cobalamin, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, and more!
All in all, pasture raised eggs are a great addition to a healthy, balanced diet. They are a great source of protein, healthy fats, cholesterol, and a plethora of essential vitamins and minerals for optimal health. We are excited to offer Grassfield Farm Farm Fresh Eggs this fall!
In the meantime...
Make sure to stay connected with us on social media so you don't miss out on exclusive farm updates!
A few ways to stay in the loop include:
Subscribing to our email list for weekly farm updates.
Reading our weekly blog post every Saturday.
Liking our farm page on Facebook.
Following us on Instagram (We're most active there)!